CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gunslinger Girl: Part 1

"The Light Before We Land" - The Delgados (opening theme)


In truth there is no better place to be,
then falling out of darkness still to see,
without a premonition, could you tell me where we stand,
Id hate to lose this light before we land,
and when I feel like I can feel once again
let me stay awhile, soak it in awhile
if you can hold on
you can fix what is wrong
by a little time
for this head of mine
heaven for us...


"Dopo Il Sogno" (After the dream) -Opus (ending theme)


Whoa! This is probably the deepest anime I've ever watched! I mean, the uniqueness of this anime is ridiculous! First you've got these sweet little girls that can handle AK-47's and Sub machine guns! I wish I could shoot some of the guns in this show! I can't handle the recoil though... The beginning of the opening theme reminds me of Space Mountain at Disneyland... Well the part before the person starts to sing, when Henrietta is walking with her "violin case" (XD there's actually a sub-machine gun inside, flash bombs, extra ammo and magazines)
I am really disappointed with the drawing of season two. It's so different than season one and looks too Americanized (but it's the Japanese one! No dubs for me, thanks.)! I mean look at this!:

SEE WHAT I MEAN! The one's on the top are from season one, the bottoms are from Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino (GG season 2)... But the whole story line of Gunslinger Girl was so well thought out! You know when people make movies and everything looks better? That was the first season, it was so unlike any other anime! It had a sort of sadness to it but, not enough to weigh you down... If you want to learn more about the show you should go to Wikipeida. Or you could check out the Character List and learn more about each individual plot...

You kind of have to watch this anime carefully because the subtitles in both seasons are pretty fast and may need some re-winding. This anime is also based in Italy so it can be very confusing to hear people speaking Japanese in Italy with an English theme song and an Italian ending theme song... All and all it is a defendant 5/5 in my mind! I will do Gunslinger Girl: Part 2 and an anime update when I finish the series (I'm on Season 2: Episode 5 right now...).

(The blond Gunslinger Girl (above) is Rico. There were 6 girls but one died in the first season)

0 Comments: