CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Spring time


First off, Happy New Year everyone! The next year in the zodiac is the Ox (my brother is an Ox). So happy Ox year too (The Chinese new year starts January, 26Th).



I know, I know it just became winter a little while ago but I already can't wait for spring! Spring is my favorite season, the weather is nice and a bunch of delicious fruits grow in spring (such as strawberry's, my favorite!). On a different note I'm using the laptop again but this time it's upstairs! O_O Woah! I see this coming in handy a lot during the spring semester!




Lately my spelling and grammar have been pretty bad. I hardly even write English outside of my blog and e-mails. Blah :p. I guess I should probably work on them more...




Did you know that it's good luck to eat Buckwheat (Soba) noodles on New Year's Eve? It's also very traditional to eat mochi on New Year's Day. So yesterday I made Soba and Miso soup and today we'll have green tea ice cream mochi (we couldn't find the regular kind... I don't think Trader Joe's caries the kind with red bean (Azuki bean) inside... Oh well, this kind is still made by pounding dough in a wooden mortar type of thing with large mallets! I would love to make mochi sometime. I think Little Tokyo in Los angles had a festival like that but, I'm pretty sure I missed it. Oh well, maybe I can go next year.




I was around a bunch of guitar playing yesterday and became somewhat inspired to play the guitar everyday. It's very difficult though because my dad sleeps in until very late in the day and by the time he leaves it's already dark so it's more difficult to see the guitar strings. But he is getting a new schedule soon that will let me play the guitar in the actually day! I can tell, this year is going to be awesome! We already have a bunch of stuff planned. Getting into JA2, moving into a nice house by the beach, making bento boxes for mom, getting guitar lessons... The list goes on.


It's weird, every time I select a thumbnail size for the little picture when I'm posting a update it comes out it's regular size... I should probably mess with the HTML a little next time...

1 Comments:

DriedPapercutsAndChickens said...

ewww red bean....
a horrible nasty shock when you sit down to a delicious shaved ice only to find that in the middle...
I guess if I could have read the sign, I might have known...
but now I am scarred for life