CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

☺Double bento Saturday☺

Before we get into the awesome subject of cute bentos... Here's my cute cat, enjoying a toilet paper tube... She kept looking through it like "I see you!!!". She was so cute!



Here's my dad's bento... It's actually not so cute, but It's kind of hard making it somewhat masculine AND bigger portions too. Anyways I got my egg molds today and they say use "Large" eggs so I got the carton that said "Large" but they were more like "Small" so they didn't turn out AT ALL! But the awesome thing about egg molds is that they can also be used for Onigiri (it a little more difficult for those who haven't made onigiri before, make sure you spritz the mold with water first when making onigiri). I also got some rice shapers to make rice look like dice (as seen on top left). The green things on the bed of rice (in the middle picture) are some Jalapenos my dad stuffed with potatoes and cheese that night. The stuff below the egg is Shoe String Potatoes. Which are AMAZING!

The last, and the cutest bento. The rice ball (top right) is made of... rice, duh. And the white stuff in the top section of the right bento is water chestnuts and below that is apples. Simple but healthy.

All bentos I make are made the day before, so I actually made these today Friday, the 30Th.

0 Comments: