CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good luck interview and BENTO~!!!

Mom had an interview today with her head boss man: Bruce 'Almighty', as I like to call him. Anyways the interview went pretty good and since it was from 8am to 4pm I made her a huge bento box!

I made a hard-boiled egg man, salad, tuna and carrot sushi and a little thing I like to call Umeboshi-sushi! It's pickled plum (ume boshi) as sushi instead of onigiri (Japanese rice balls)! That way I could make it over night and the rice wouldn't be all hard and gross. I did order some egg molds from J-list a while ago but they're coming from Japan so they'll take 3-4 weeks (it should arrive around 19Th, at the earliest). I can't wait! I also got some Japanese recipe books from Boarders a little while ago AND there are these really cute cookie cutters (for veggies) in Little Tokyo that I have my eye on, I think we might go next week. Maybe I could get grandma (Obaa-san) to go with us!

Here's your Japanese for today:

  • Obaa-san, Grandma
  • Ojii-san, Grandpa
  • Okaa-san, Mom (in general)
  • Haha, Mom (your own mom)
  • Otoo-san, Dad (in general)
  • Chichi, Dad (your own dad)

1 Comments:

Anna said...

Cute and yummy! What more could I ask for? LOL