CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pan fried tofu


I just HAD to share my recipe for Pan Fried Tofu with Honey soy sauce! Okay I made this one night for my dad's bento and found out that it was really good and made some more for everyone in my house. Even my brother liked it (He WILL NOT eat tofu, he hates the stuff).

Pan Fried Tofu w/ Honey soy sauce:

  • 1 container of extra firm tofu
  • 1 cup Ralphs brand seasoned breadcrumbs (other kinds will work too, this is just the one I had on hand)
  • 1 Large egg
  • 2 Tbsp. Soy oil (or any type of veggie oil)
  • 2 Tbsp. Honey
  • 2 Tbsp. Low sodium soy sauce
  1. Drain tofu of water and pat down with paper towel. Cut tofu into 16 1-inch strips.
  2. Crack the egg and whisk with a fork place in bowl. Place bread crumbs on a plate.
  3. Dredge the tofu through the egg, then dredge through bread crumbs.
  4. Heat oil in small pan test temperature by dripping some water on the pan is some little bubbles come up then the temperature is correct.
  5. Place about 5 tofu strips in pan and flip every 3 minutes, or until medium brown.
  6. Mix honey and soy sauce in a small cup, microwave.
  7. Take tofu off of the pan and blot with a paper towel. Drizzle Honey sauce on the tofu.
  8. Om nom nom the tofu.
  9. GO DO THE DISHES!

0 Comments: