CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm back!

I'm back from my trip at sea! I'll have to do a 5 day in my life post when I get the pictures developed. But I'll tell you what I did now and pictureify it later.

July 7, Monday

Everyone took turnes raising people to the mast in a chair (it looked like a wooden swing). We mostley got associated with the crue and some of the campers. Japan intruduced me to a few of her friends from last year. Last year everyone gave each other country names:

Christine > Japan
Travis > Britin
Chris > Columbia
Rachel > Morroco
Ali > Africa
Hayley > Mexico
Bella > Cuba
Jeni > Finland
David > China
Me > Israel

I named Bella Cuba because she was rather small and fragile looking so that's like the total opposite of a Cuban! I was rather clever if I do say so myself! We got situated and figured out where we slept and unpacked. Afterwords we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific. Since I used to volunteer there (for about 1 year) you could tell that I didn't really want to go but, oh well. So as I was at the AOP I spotted a few people that I knew. Lily and Taylor. These are probably the last people I wanted to see at the Aquarium! I forgot that Monday is their usual shift! So I sneaked by hoping to be unnoticeable, mission accomplished! One thing has been knocked off my list!

July 8, Tuesday

We woke up and went to Shoreline Village and took showers just so we could have those few hours when we were clean! After that we were finally out at sea! It was a 4 hour boat ride to Avalon, Catalina. The ship was anchored and we took a small ferry to shore. Once we got there we had a scavenger hunt for stuff like: What time is the Sheriff Department open? and Where's City Hall?. So the girl team won that contest we didn't have to clean the heads today! There was 7 girls and 18 guys. The guys split into 2 teams to make it more even. After that was all done we headed back to the ship, were we had lunch. I'm not picky about food but, there was these sandwiches that were horrible! They consisted of processed cheese, ham and turkey. I had to eat at least some of it but, I could only bring myself to eat half. Christine was the same way. Probably because we're both Foodies. The rest of the day was pretty slow. We got to jump off the boat into the water! I stayed on the food sticky but some people went to 6 bars up (each bar was around a yard apart)! Christine and I took pictures of each other underwater with our Awesome Underwater Cameras (AUC for short)!

July 9, Wednesday

Today was a very bad day for me. I woke up and felt sick so I spent most of the day throwing up! Sounds fun doesn't it? While I was having a party in my bucket the rest of the campers went snorkeling and kayaking. I caught a second wind and decided to go kayaking! I had a lot of fun! Afterwords we went to a beach I forgot the name but, it was pretty nice (except for the sand fleas and bees)! We had another competition to see who cleans the heads today! The first thing was a kayak race around bouies! Japan and I dominated everyone so the girls won that leg! The other legs were: "Spinning around 15 times, then race around a paddle in the ground and try not to fall", "Skipping pebbles 35 times in the wake", "Covering a person up to the neck in sand and then building a sand castle on them"(Cuba forgot her swim suit so I was buried, I was the second smallest in the group), "Build a sea animal in the sand" (we built a Sea Cucumber), "Write 'American Pride' in the wake before it got erased by the waves", "Swim to the inflatable boat and back" (Christie owned this leg in the race! She used to swim in a team) and finally we had to tackle a crue member to the ground. That last part was made-up! So we won again! After that we played a little bit of dodge ball! I'm not good at it at all... One kid got Travis (Britain) in the face and chipped a tooth. It wasn't that bad though. So it went downhill from there one time I threw the ball and it bounced it got the Tooth Chipped in the groin!XD

July 1o, Thursday

Today we pulled anchor and sailed to Twin Harbors on the way we passed Bird Poop Rock (a small piece of land COVERED in bird poop)! We took another fairy to land. We helped bring food and balls and other supplies to shore for the day. This will be the longest I've been on land for awhile now... So soon after getting everything somewhat set up we went on a short hike. Our first stop Death Beach! We found a rotting dead seal! Just what I needed! So as we continue out hike we find people picking up skulls and such. We work our way to another beach and there's two trails we could take I decide to take the EXTREME one and drag Christine with me. So here we are almost hiking vertically up a hill... It was fun to go down though! We reach our destination, another beach! This one is a lot better though! There's a lot of rocks and such to climb on! I decided to just sit on one and take a break while Christine stayed up on the hill on a bench. The break was nice but, It didn't last long enough...As we were heading back (Christine and I took the low trail this time) one of the crue found Coyote Brush! It smells really good! Cowboys used to use it as something to cover up the delicious smell of being out in the sun and not taking a shower (showers were rather expensive back then). So Kurt rubbed it on Finland and everyone took turns sniffing her! It was funny but not as funny as my blue and green armpits (never wear Tye-Dye before washing it first)! I was missing my gymnastics class but, this was cool too. We head back the way we came and saw a Buffalo/Bison! It made Christine and I suddenly crave a Buffalo Burger! Like I said, we're Foodies! We went back through Death Beach and people were fishing for Leopard shark in a Leopard shark nursery. I only knew what they were fishing for because there already was a dead one by the fishers foot. After Kurt (one of the crue) made some comments about how that's wrong (but completely legal) we left. We got back to the camp site (whatever you'd call a place where you store all your junk for the day and has tables). There was Mustachieo (another one of the crue that everyone called Captain Crunch because of his awesome mustache) with some snorkeling gear. I didn't have a chance to go in Catalina so I went snorkeling here! Once Ali, Kurt, Hayley and I got into the wet sutes (this was the first time I've worn one!) we started realizing how funny we all looked (epically me) Ali looked like a model for some Billabong add Hayley looked like a serious diver and my suet was a little too big... I had a groin fold and a back Brest! It was pretty funny though! We finally got out into the water and Mustachieo decided he was going to wear just his speedo! I had a hard time not falling over and laughing until I passed out! It was hilarious! Just imagine a mustache in speedo shorts with tattoos and snorkeling gear!XD Once we got into the ocean we saw Garibaldi, Bat rays, Round rays, sea stars, lots and lots of kelp and Kurt found a HUDGE Sea Hair! He has a thing for them. It's a bit scary actually. The water was freezing and people took turns unzipping wet suites! It must have been 50 degrees (Fahrenheit)! We saw some kayakers, One of the people in the kayak thought I was a guy and bopped me on the head! It was funny though because this was before he was in the water and he said "Sorry if you're a girl I can't tell". Soon after that I flipped him over with a little help (I don't weigh enough to flip someone over by myself (I tried earlier)). Soon after that we headed back to shore, here's a tip for ya': It's easier if you take off your wet suet in the water. People were playing Jail break (a volleyball game). Instead of playing I took a shower Christine wanted to use flip flops but didn't pack any so I let her use mine. I jut put paper towels down on the floor of the shower when I went. Bella took a shower last. She went in the same one I did but, It wasn't working... Very odd because, I was just using it mabey 2 minutes before. So once we found a shower that worked she FINALLY got to take one! We forgot Christine's shorts in the bathroom when we left so she went back only to find that the people already cleaned! So she still hasn't found her shorts... We played Jailbreak for a little bit (I caught the ball once!!! Yay!). We did skits after that. The girls won! our skit mainly consists of Mustachieo and his speedo and Kurt marrying a Sea Hair. We had dinner and then watched a movie: Captain Rob. It was a funny movie! I cracked open a glow stick and it was as bright as one of those stadium lights!!! It didn't last that long though... Just about 6 hours I think.

July 11, Friday

Today we go home! At this point I was missing my cat Maneki verrrry much! Most of the day we were cleaning. I was polishing brass and copper. Mustachieo said that if you helped polish you could steer the ship. I didn't really care if I got to steer or not but, I'm one of those people that help out as much as possible. So I ended up polishing almost everything! I got to steer the ship after all I got to steer it into the harbor through the rocky gates and everything! Mustachieo and the Captain were telling me what to do, where to turn and everything! It was AWESOME! I was taught how to do a braid naught by Finland. So I was practicing that too. The Captain and crue wanted me to stay longer so I could finish polishing all the brass and copper. I know they were just joking but, I would've even if they weren't joking! We were finally in the dock and people were getting picked up. Christine got picked up first so I had more time to practice my naught. And play a little more Shithead, pronounced Shith-eed. Sometimes people call this game Anchores away too. I was picked up by my mom, brother and dog. Soon after I got home I took a shower and ate fo' real food! The end.

1 Comments:

The Random One said...

YES. I WAS WAITING FOR AN UPDATE.

Your glowstick was ridiculous!

Finland was Jeni.

That's why it's hot.